How can Physical Therapy help with my spine health? Most spine pain comes from the following 4 trouble areas:
1. Poor posture and alignment.
2. Lack of knowledge on how to bend, lift, sit, sleep.
3. Lack of muscle strength.
4. Poor flexibility and muscle coordination.
By improving posture and core strength, you can relieve some of these troublesome causes. There are a couple key ways that improving posture with your Elite Physical
Therapist can help promote spine health:
- It encourages strength and flexibility. The work you do with your Elite Physical Therapist to achieve your physical goals will lead to greater overall fitness. The stronger and more flexible you get, the less likely you are to suffer from back pain on a regular basis.
- It improves function for all activities. Through Physical Therapy treatments, your Elite Physical Therapist will guide you on how to maintain proper posture during all of your favorite activities, such as walking, running, and playing sports. The improved posture you adopt in each activity will lessen the wear and tear you put on your spine, which minimizes the risk of developing back pain from these activities.
- It avoids harmful anatomical changes. The stress caused by sitting hunched can eventually lead to damage of your muscles, joints, spinal discs, and the nerves and blood vessels that travel through your spine. Fortunately, in many cases the damage can be reversed, if you engage in targeted Physical Therapy treatments and learn how to maintain proper posture.
Elite Physical Therapy is the right solution to improving your posture and spinal health. Get back to your optimum health by consulting with a licensed Elite Physical
Therapist. Contact our office today to get started on the path toward better posture and decreased pain! We’ll help you achieve the strong spine health you need.